The RV Park will open on May 14, 2022
RESERVATION LINE: 906-482-8745
The City of Houghton RV Park is a small establishment that prides itself on being able to provide personal service and to schedule as many guests in as possible. We schedule by telephone only. We do not use a web-based reservation system. While some may find this old fashioned way of scheduling to be antiquated or annoying, we have thus far found that it works out the best for making sure guests can find a spot in the park.
Reservations will be taken in order of length-of-stay at the start of the reservation window. Calls will be taken after 9:00 a.m. eastern standard time for those guests planning to stay:
One month or more: April 25
Two weeks or more: April 26
One week or more: April 27
Daily reservations begin: April 28
No reservations will be taken between May 6th to May 16th as the park hosts will be traveling from Florida to Michigan.
- One month $1,200, deposit: $250
- One week $315, deposit: $100
- Daily rate: $50, deposit: $50
Park amenities include:
- Paved sites
- Water and sewer connections
- 20-30-50 amp electric service,
- Satellite TV, Wi-Fi
- Picnic table, park bench, and fire ring at most sites
- Some sites have barbecue grills
- We do not accept pop-up campers or tents as there are no bathroom/shower facilities in the park.
- The City pier, just east of the park, has some transient slips available for boaters. Please contact the City to check slip availability.
- The Ray Kestner Waterfront Park offers of a sandy bathing beach, pavilion, picnic tables, fishing piers, boat launch, and the amazing Chutes and Ladders play area.
- The park hosts Bridgefest in June, Brewfest in late August, and weekly music concerts in August.
- Portage Paddle Sports is located in the building at the park entrance. From Memorial Day to Labor Day they offer bike, kayak, and paddle board rentals along with ice cream, ice and concessions.
More about Houghton and the RV Park:
The Houghton RV Park is located along the shore of the Portage Waterway. The park has 25 sites and is located next to the Ray Kestner Waterfront Park. The park is located at the west end of a four mile paved, non-motorized, waterfront trail that stretches from one end of Houghton, through downtown, to the other city limit. Beyond that is a gravel trail along a former railroad grade for many more miles.
Historic Downtown Houghton is just a half mile away along the flat, lit waterfront trail. Downtown is home to a variety of restaurants, salons, taverns and brewpubs, retail shops offering quality clothing, gifts, wine, sporting goods and a full-service hardware store. South of the park the M-26 business strip offers a variety of retail options and services including Walmart, Walgreens, AutoZone, Econo Foods, Tractor Supply, a hospital walk-in clinic, day spa, several sit-down and fast food restaurants, and places to rent a car. There is a mobile repair service in Houghton that provides excellent RV service.
- Check-in time is 1:00 pm (EST) – check-out time is noon (EST).
- Quiet time is from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Pets are welcome; however, dogs must be leashed, their messes cleaned up, and they cannot be left to bark and disturb others.
- Washing vehicles on site is allowed for a fee of $10 for an RV and $5 for a car.
- All sewer hookups must be threaded, air tight connections.
- RV repairs at the park must be approved by the park host.
- Generators may not be run in the park.
- We ask that you not bring campfire wood into the park to help reduce the spread of invasive insects. Campfire wood is available for purchase in the park.
- Offsite parking for tow trailers may be available in a City lot. The trailer must be secured and locked. The City assumes no liability for the storage of trailers. The park host can assist.
- Credit cards are accepted.
- Reservations for some holidays and special events require a minimum two night stay.
- You can request a specific site, but no sites are guaranteed.
- The park does not refund deposits. There is also no refund for leaving early.
Jim and Pam Quinlan